Isha Kriya is a dominant and influential process in the timeless wisdom of the yogic sciences. Isha meditation has the potential to transform the life of anyone who is willing to invest just 12 – 15 minutes a day.
The purpose of Isha Kriya is to assist an individual get in touch with the origin of his existence, to create life according to his own wish and vision. Daily practice of Isha Kriya helps brings health, dynamism, unity, and wellbeing. It is a powerful tool to cope with the hectic pace of modern life.
It is Sadhguru’s vision to allow “one drop of spirituality” to every individual. Through the Isha Kriya guided meditation, the possibilities of a spiritual process can be practiced by all.
The regular practice of Isha Kriya can enhance your life in many ways. Isha Kriya helps:
- To Develop your mental clarity and focus, Create mental stability, peace, and wellbeing.
. Just 12-18 minutes of daily practice brings health, dynamism, peace, and well being – helping each individual to create life according to his own wish and vision.
With your face slightly upturned, eyes closed, keep a mild focus between your eyebrows.
This meditation will happen in three stages:
- Stage 1: Inhale and exhale gently, gradually. With each inhalation, say to yourself, ”I am not the body.” The inhalation should last for the whole duration of that thought. With each exhalation, mentally say to yourself, ”I am not even the mind.” The exhalation should last for the whole duration of that thought. Repeat this for 7 to 11 minutes.
- Stage 2: Utter the sound, ”Aaa” seven times with mouth wide open, exhaling entirely into each sound. The sound should come from just below the navel. You need not utter it very loud, but loud enough to feel the vibration of the sound.
- Stage 3: Sit for five to six minutes with a slightly tilted face and keep a mild focus between your eyebrows. The total time of this practice is between 12 to 18 minutes. You can sit longer if you wish.
Please note when you sit to do Isha Kriya, do not pay attention to the activity of the mind or body. Whatever is happening in your body or your mind, just ignore it and simply sit there.
The kriya will yield maximum benefits if you do it for a minimum of 12 minutes each time.
Do it twice a day for 48 days. Considered as a full mandala or cycle, or once a day for 90 days. You could also listen to Isha Meditation music while you do your meditation daily.
Benefits of Isha Kriya –
- This meditation facilitates wellness and a vast array of health issues.
- Enjoy relaxation, greater levels of energy, and dynamism all day long.
- Over long stretches, be able to hold the body and mind quiet.
- Manage stress, anxiety, depression, and modern-day hectic pace of life.
- Learn the fundamentals of meditation and the reasons to meditate.
Isha Kriya in the words of Sadhguru:
This is a simple but very potent kriya. You can remind yourself that, ”I am not the body, I am not even the mind.” anytime during the day. It would be best to use the voice in the video as support when doing the kriya.
However, you can also do it without using your voice and focus on meditation music. Sit in a cross-leg posture, and keep your hands open facing upward. Sit with your face slightly tilted. You will notice that naturally, your focus will shift between your eyebrows. To maintain this mild focus between your eyebrows. Daily practice of Isha Kriya will bring health, dynamism, prosperity, and wellbeing. It is a powerful tool to cope with the hectic pace of modern life and empowers people to experience their lives to its complete potential.