Yes, Kapalbhati Pranayama or Skull Shining breathing technique.
Why perform Kapalbhati Pranayama?
“When you do pranayama, 80% of the toxins in your body are released through the outgoing breath. The regular practice of Kapalbhati Pranayama detoxifies all the irregularities in your body. And the obvious sign of a healthy body is a shining forehead.
- Kapalbhati is best done when included into a morning routine. To perform the Kapalbhati, sit in Vajrasana or Sukhasana. Remember to keep your spine straight, your shoulders relaxed, and neck unstrained.
- Now press gently on the right nostril while you exhale through the left with a slight force. Repeat on the other side. This step is to clean the nostrils.
- Now that both the nostrils are open, take a deep breath, and start exhaling with force while squeezing the stomach in.
- Breathe in softly, and breathe out completely with force.
- You should practice 100 rounds of Kapalbhati Pranayama in your morning yoga.
What are the benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayam?
Now that we know how Kapalbhati Pranayama is performed, let us talk about its benefits. Here are some of them:
Since this kriya requires a lot of energy, it produces body heat, thus dissolving toxins and waste matter. This technique is known to intensify the functioning of the kidneys and liver
The kriya stimulates the internal organs, especially the abdominal ones, and therefore, helps people with diabetes. This breathing technique refreshes the brain and stimulates your nerves. Since Pranayama calms your mind, it can help with mood swings and minor anxiety. The kriya gives you a sense of balance, thus making your brain feel decluttered and de-stressed, and therefore relaxed and ready for bed.
Kapalbhati Pranayam is also known to help with acidity and bloating and enhances the capacity of your lungs making them more potent. Since it makes you sweat, it opens up your skin pores and cleanses it of the toxins. Your face is likely to glow after performing the kriya. It helps with sinus issues and asthma and is known to increase hair growth.
Kapalbhati is a staple in many Indian households among people of all ages and its practice a common sight in parks. Revolutionized by Baba Ramdev through yoga camps, it is a skillfully marketed form of yoga in its place of origin. It is claimed that Kapalbhati, when paired with morning yoga, can cure cancer, blood pressure disorders, heart ailments, baldness, impotence—even homosexuality, as declared by Baba Ramdev in 2009.