Ashamed of looking yourself in the mirror because of that belly fat? If you are looking to lose belly fat at home, you might be just in the right place. According to research, 13% of adults around the world are obese. Forecasters have also stated that if this current situation continues about half the world population would turn obese by 2045. Not all belly fat is the same, and different types of fat need to be dealt with in different ways. There are several reasons which may cause the fat in your body to increase like your eating habits, lifestyle and even stress may be a factor in increasing body and belly fat.
Causes of belly fats:
As all of us know that eating too much and not paying much attention to workouts are major reasons for increasing belly fat. But that’s not all that and there are other factors too which increase your abdomen fat or belly fat. Some of the things you should be looking out for are as follows:
- Consumption of TransFats: Unlike antioxidants, trans fats are the villains to our bodies. These fats are which actively contribute to the wobbling belly. TransFats not only add new fat to your waist but also transfers fat from other parts of the body to your belly. Some of your most desired and favorite food contain most of the trans fat you consume like cakes, ice cream, biscuits, candy, and almost every type of junk food.
- Taking too much of stress: Yes, taking too much of stress can also add up to your increasing belly fat. When you are stressed your body releases a chemical called cortisol. When cortisol levels are high they help in releasing insulin and this tends to shut down your digestive system. Also, cortisol helps to release myostatin, a chemical that breaks muscle to fat.
- Consumption of Alcohol: Alcohol consumption at a high level is also a major cause of increased belly fat, While you’re enjoying your drink in the hot summer or on a cozy evening the body turns the alcohol to acetate which our bodies can not hold and this acetate converts the proteins and carbs in your body directly to fat. Alcohol also increases testosterone levels in your body which makes it difficult to form lean muscle and burn fat.
Fat burning foods:
You should be looking to add up some food into your diet which may help you in losing your belly fat. Food which increases your metabolism rate, as a faster metabolism helps in burning fat.
Some of the fat-burning foods are listed as below:
- Medium-chain triglycerides(MCT) oil: This oil increases the fat burning rate, protects muscle, and decreases hunger.
- Coffee: Coffee contains caffeine which helps in boosting metabolism.
- Coconut Oil: Rich in MCT which increases metabolism and boosts fat burning.
- Green Tea: Contains caffeine and EGCG which both help in increasing metabolism.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Suppresses appetite and promotes loss of belly fat.
- Oolong Tea: Contains caffeine and promotes fat loss.
Not only consuming these foods will help in losing belly fat, but you also need to plan an effective workout routine along with a proper fat loss diet. Reducing belly fat has become a major concern for today’s millennials. Reduction takes time and discipline, you must have a focus on what you are willing to achieve and how you can do it with the right eating habits and following an effective fat loss diet.